IB Biology: Aims and Objectives
- provide opportunities for scientific study and creativity within a global context which will stimulate and challenge students
- provide a body of knowledge, methods and techniques which characterize science and technology
- develop an ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesize scientific information
- develop experimental and investigative scientific skills
- encourage an understanding of the relationships between scientific disciplines and the overarching nature of the scientific method.
- demonstrate an understanding of: scientific facts and concepts, scientific methods and techniques, scientific terminology, and methods of presenting scientific information.
- construct, analyze and evaluate: hypotheses, research questions and predictions, scientific methods and techniques, and scientific explanations.
- demonstrate the personal skills of cooperation, perseverance and responsibility appropriate for effective scientific investigation and problem solving.
- demonstrate the manipulative skills necessary to carry out scientific investigations with precision and safety.